One of the interesting part of the new Jabber 10.6 is the ability to have different Jabber IDs. Most common scenario is to match the JID with your SIP Uri which is most probably your mail id. At the moment it looks like this: Email and Work Phone(if you enabled URI Dialing) is the same, but the Jabber ID is in the format user id @ presence domain.
Inside your company this will only a visual problem. But as soon as you start a XMPP federation with another company all your users need to be addressed by userid@presence domain. Depending on your company policy this can look really weird
You can change the JID without loosing the contacts in your Jabber – These are the necessary steps to change the JID to match the SIP URI.
1. Check if there are users without a Directory URI which use Jabber. Open the End User Page at CUCM and search for “Directory URI” “is empty”. If you find someone, add a Directory URI or remove “Enable User for Unified CM IM and Presence (Configure IM and Presence in the associated UC Service Profile)” at the user page.
2. Stop this Services on all IMP nodes:
- Cisco Presence Engine (Feature Services)
- Cisco SIP Proxy (Feature Services)
- Cisco XCP Router (Network Services)
- Cisco Sync Agent (Network Services)
- Cisco Clien Profile Agent (Network Services)
3. Go to IMP-> Presence -> Settings -> Advanced Configuration. If all Services stopped correctly you’re now able to modify the IM Address setting. Change it to IM Address Scheme: Directory URI. This will use the Directory URI attribute which you set in CUCM at the LDAP sync.
4. Confirming all Warnings and wait… You can monitor the progress on top of the page.
5. Start all Services you previously stopped or just reboot the IMP Server.
6.Do get the right Results in the Jabber Directory Lookup you need to modify the jabber-config.xml
Be aware that you need to use Directory Lookup, UDS is not supported for this. Otherwise Jabber will find the users username@presencedomain as IM Address.
You user lookup should now look like this.
After changing the JID you find some users with their old IM Address(userid@domain) which result in an error if you try to send messages or see presence.
In this case the best way around was to Remove all users from the Presence Server and add it again. You can do this with BULK-> Update Users.
Remove: “Enable User for Unified CM IM and Presence (Configure IM and Presence in the associated UC Service Profile)”
Verify in IMP that there are no more users in the DB and readd the parameter vi BULK.
Some Important notes:
– UDS Directory Lookup is not supported for individual IM-Addresses
– Be aware that you could increase the ammount of presence domains, depending on the amount of different email TLD you’ve in your directory. If you plan to use XMPP Federation you need to have all this domains in your SSL certificate.